District resource centre (DRC) was established for the better utilization of resources and expertise for the benefit of the students in general and of rural colleges in particular. DRC consists of an executive committee with the Principal of the college as its chairman and two lecturers will be the members of the DRC. This year Dr.D.Padmavathy is the Coordinator and Dr.A.Vasundhara & Smt.Y.Usha are members.
The activities of DRC are:
1. Conducting district level seminars, expert lectures, panel discussions, academic competitions, Career guidance programmes etc.
2. Organizing short-term summer programmers, certificate courses, training programs, workshops etc. for improving various skills of students, including communicative, soft and ICT sills and job/self employment oriented skills.
3. Special training for preparing students for competitive examinations for higher studies, research institutes, employment etc.
4. Visits of eminent scientists, social scientists, industrialists, experts etc. for interaction with staff and students of creating the required awareness.
5. Conducting value based activities, cultural programmes, youth festivals, exhibitions etc.
6. Exchange of faculty for short term teaching programmes and conduct of practicals.
7. Sharing of facilities by the other college students (where there are no such facilities) without affecting the routine of the host college.
8. Exchange of students to working teams for carrying out educational surveys, study projects, field work, hands on experience etc.
9. Pooling of students for taking up community service works.
10. Activities that are consequential to the schemes and programmes initiated at the commissionerate level like JKCs, ETRP (ELF), NAAC/QAC activities, Repositioning, training programmes, Mana TV etc. This year our college organised Inter collegiate cultural fest. Competitions were conducted in the events Classical song, folk song , patriotic song, classical dance, folk dance and skit.14 Colleges participated from East Godavari District.